Tuesday, September 27, 2011

TV, the greatness

Once a media consumer starts to view television shows as a subject of study to analyze and criticize, he would lose his appetite for the simple TV pleasure: watch, laugh, and relax. In a similar way, as an old Asian saying goes, “When your enjoyment turned into a business to feed yourself, your life will turn out to be a miserable stage of coma.” This is where I am stuck at present. As an ex and current-TV addict, I used to and still have a dream of spending the rest of my life watching TV in my cozy recliner, giving my best compliment to a remote control that completes my TV life. I regarded the remote as the most brilliant device supporting my couch potato life style.
couch-potato.png

However, my dream was not stretched into my reality, which forced me to do something for my career. For most people in the world, there are four inevitable human being stages we have to go through: birth, school, work, and death. I ended up majoring in journalism for my bachelor’s degree, which has led me to still study, although I had not seen myself studying this much long. Thus nothing could explain my current life about why I can't embody my dream. 
459250814v3_480x480_Front_Color-White_padToSquare-true.jpg



Anyway, ranging from court/police drama, sports, food and travel, sitcom, music, comedy, reality shows to news channels, I developed and specialized my skill of flipping channels, picturing myself winning a world contest of the longest TV watcher with no sleep. 

Unfortunately, my specialization failed to last longer than I wished as I have to get a life. Dude.... 

3 comments:

  1. all of sudden, my photos disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you know that the longest TV watcher without sleeping contest winner watched TV for 84hour 24minutes and 4 seconds?? can you do that? huh? 3 days and a half day without sleeping!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. why am I humming "video kills radio star..." even though I am too you to know that song!!

    ReplyDelete