Thursday, September 22, 2011

Brain dormancy

What would you do when your brain was not working as you need? It appears that my brain – although I am not sure of its entity – has been on a strike.

From the beginning of this quarter, something has been nagging my brain or my mind, so I was determined to hunt it down.

What has been eating me up? Why I feel like being drawn by intangible or psychological niceties of my own every piece of body parts? Even, why am I having such non-pragmatic curiosities?



imgres.jpg

The entity something bugging me could be…: no clue.

Having said that life should be great and profitable because you already made a big profit by the time you were born: being born naked, but got free clothes right away. What a business you made.


Anyway, going back to my original quest of brain dormancy, scientists have been evaluating and measuring brain performance with such dimensions: IQ and EQ.

Getting old, I am aware of two phenomena going around my brain and heart: lowering IQ and plummeting EQ. Nobody can go against time. Hence I understand the natural symptoms of brain blackout, heavily stimulated by my binge habit until a couple years ago. But the EQ weakness seems to be derived from strenuous news of tragedies, which would numb my heart for people in desperate circumstances.

However, I have found one book,

Brainworks: The Mind-bending Science of How You See, What You Think, and Who You Are



, written by Dr. Mike Sweeney of journalism at Ohio University.

51Zp4G8aD4L._SS500_.jpg

This book will be a vehicle for stopping my brain power loss. My book review will be followed soon.   

1 comment:

  1. sometimes I feel someone is ironing or freezing my brain ,wrinkle by wrinkle. you know what am saying? is it a symptom of aging??? if there is I can scoring number
    I.Q & E.Q , they are below 0. Z.E.R.O.
    does Brainworks introduce a way to be smart?or to prevent Alzheimer disease? post book review asap!!

    ReplyDelete